As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember. It was a hit!
This is one of our Lesson 13: Cc Cow pages. First, the boys completed the copywork at the bottom of the page and then they began the craft portion of the activity.
- Heart Cow template (from DLTK Kids)
- copy paper
- construction paper (red, green, black, tan)
- wiggle eyes
- MFW Words to Remember printable
1) Download and print the Heart Cow template onto copy paper.
2) Using the template, trace the hearts onto the appropriate color construction paper.
3) Cut out the traced hearts.
4) Glue to hearts onto the printable page following the instructions for the Heart Cow Paper Craft tutorial.
5) Glue on some wiggle eyes to give the cows some extra personality!
Afterwards, I had the boys count up the number of hearts used to make their cows!
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of the My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.