Welcome! I’m Jennifer (aka Mama Jenn) and I’m so glad you’re here! Want to know more about me and this site? Well, you are in the right place! I am a busy, homeschool mama of five amazing kiddos! My daughter (and only girl) is 19 years old. I also have two sets of twin boys (ages 17 and 15). Yep, you read that right…and no, it’s not a typo. While people tend to tell me I’ve got “double trouble,” I see it as being “doubly blessed!”
Never a dull moment in our house!!
A year ago I would have said most of my time is spent teaching and carpooling my kids to their various activities. But, now that my daughter is away at college and my older twins have their driver’s licenses, I don’t feel like a taxi driver anymore.
Now, my time is spent wondering where the time went! How did my kids grow so fast? It’s hard to believe that I’ve got 15+ years of homeschooling under my belt!
A few facts about me:
- I was a math geek in school…I often stayed after class to ask my geometry teacher for extra proofs to work on. Yep, that was me!
- I went on to earn my BA degree in Mathematics and my Masters degree in Education.
- I taught high school math until I decided to trade in my class size of 35+ students for a much smaller class size that consisted of the children that sat at my kitchen table! I have homeschooled my kids from the very start.
- I am tall…really tall! Once I started to appreciate my height (and stopped walking with my knees slightly bent so that I appeared shorter), I put my long 6’2” body to good use and earned a scholarship to play collegiate basketball.
- I used to be what you would call a perfectionist. Though, having kids…many kids…has changed all that! I sometimes find myself longing for the long, lost days of complete organization and order. But, as my kids have started leaving our home and venturing out on their own, I can’t help but thank God for all the chaos and disorder – though I still often find myself trying (in vain) to regain some sense of structure! But, truthfully, the quieter the house gets, the more I miss the noise.
What this website is all about:
I started my blog back in 2008 as an outlet from my world that consisted mainly of nursing babies, changing diapers, and singing the ABC song. Somehow while I was busy raising 5 kids under the age of 5, I decided to create my own little corner of the online world. As with most blogs of that time, I shared the everyday happenings of my family.
However, as the years have passed, my focus has shifted and so has my blog content.
As I began to homeschool my children, I felt alone. In fact, some of my family thought I was crazy – even though I used to be a classroom teacher. People didn’t understand my desire to educate my children – myself. Fortunately, I was able to find support online from a handful of homeschool bloggers. Now, I hope to be that support for you!
Here on the Mama Jenn website, I feature 6 main categories to help you in your homeschool journey:
- Educational Activities – activities designed to help you (and me) engage our children/students
- Homeschool Resources – from our personal homeschool experiences to curriculum reviews, and much more
- Kid-friendly Crafts – creative, crafty projects and activities my kids have enjoyed over the years
- Printables to Download – from educational printables to blogging printables, there are tons to download, print, and enjoy
- Family Fun Ideas – maximize that special time spent together as a family
- Mom “Stuff” – blogging resources, helpful homemaking recipes, tips, and more
I’ve got so much to share with you! Now that you know more about me, why I started the Mama Jenn website, and what it’s all about, I recommend you get started right here!