Welcome! I’m Jennifer (aka Mama Jenn) and I’m so glad you’re here! Want to know more about me and this site?? Well, you are in the right place! I am a busy, homeschool mother of five amazing kiddos! My daughter (and only girl) is 18 years old. I also have two sets of twin boys (ages 16 and 14). Yep, you read that right…and no, it’s not a typo. While people tend to tell me I’ve got “double trouble,” they are wrong! I am “doubly blessed!”
Never a dull moment in our house!!
Much of my time is spent teaching and carpooling my kids to their various activities. (I really do feel like I’m running a taxi service most days!) But, when I’m not busy doing all that (plus the usual – cooking and cleaning), I enjoy spending time right here, blogging! More on that in just a bit!
A few facts about me:
- I was a math geek in school…I often stayed after class to ask my geometry teacher for extra proofs to work on. Yep, that was me!
- I went on to earn my BA degree in Mathematics and my Masters degree in Education.
- I taught high school math until I decided to trade in my class size of 35+ students for a much smaller class size that consisted of the children that sat at my kitchen table! I have homeschooled my kids from the very start.
- I am tall…really tall! Once I started to appreciate my height (and stopped walking with my knees slightly bent so that I appeared shorter), I put my long 6’2” body to good use and earned a scholarship to play collegiate basketball.
- I used to be what you would call a perfectionist. Though, having kids…many kids…has changed all that! I sometimes find myself longing for the long, lost days of complete organization and order. But, when I take a look across the dinner table at those wonderful faces, I can’t help but thank God for the chaos and disorder, though I still often find myself trying (in vain) to regain some sense of structure!
What this website is all about:
I started my blog back in 2008 as an outlet from my world that consisted mainly of nursing babies, changing diapers, and singing the ABC song. Somehow while I was busy raising 5 kids under the age of 5, I decided to create my own little corner of the online world. As with most blogs of that time, I shared the everyday happenings of my family.
However, as the years have passed, my focus has shifted and so has my blog content. As I began to homeschool my children, I found it to be quite difficult to find some of the learning resources we needed. So, I made them myself and I shared them with others online. And, I continue to share them!
Now that you know more about me, why I started this site, and what it’s all about, it’s time to dig in! I recommend that you start right here!
Jenn (aka Mama Jenn)