Celebrate Easter with the Jelly Bean Prayer! Simply grab a jar, jelly beans, ribbon, and the FREE printable to make this great handmade holiday gift idea for kids!
I fondly remember the Jelly Bean Prayer from when I was a little girl, which is why I wanted to share it with my own children! This is such a fun and easy way to celebrate Easter and share the Good News of Jesus Christ’s Resurrection! I love when I am able to reinforce Biblical concepts with fun (and yummy) Bible activities!
Speaking of yummy, be sure to check out my Easter Resurrection Cookies! They are another great activity to reinforce the Resurrection in a hands-on, interactive, engaging manner! But, back to the Jelly Bean Prayer!
The Jelly Bean Prayer Poem:
While I love the poem, I know that my kids really enjoy hands-on activities. And, I believe that concepts can be cemented in one’s brain using visual clues. So, I decided to make printable Jelly Bean Prayer cards and attach them to jars filled with jelly beans!
How to make the Jelly Bean Prayer Jars:
Making the jelly bean jars are super easy! First, you need a few supplies.
- jars – I used recycled jars, but these jars are really cute and they’re plastic
- square pieces of fabric or felt (ONLY if your jar does not have a lid)
- cardstock paper (for added durability)
- hole punch
- jelly beans
- Jelly Bean Prayer printable cards (download instructions are below)
- laminator & pouches (optional)
Jelly Bean Prayer Jar Instructions:
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, here’s how you make them.
1. Print the Jelly Bean Prayer cards onto cardstock. Laminate if desired. (download instructions below)
2. Cut the cards apart and hole punch the top, left corner of the card.
3. Fill the jar with jelly beans.
4. Put the lid on the jar and attach the card to the jar using the ribbon. OR, if you don’t have a lid, use the fabric square to cover the mouth of the jar and attach the card using the ribbon.
And that’s it! I told you it was super easy to make!
The jelly bean prayer jar is a great gift for your little ones to share on Easter. Plus, it is a great illustration of our risen Savior, Jesus Christ!
No time to make Jelly Bean Prayer gifts?
No problem, just pick what you like below and order them from Amazon. It will arrive at your doorstep – all ready for you to hand out! No prep work needed!
Looking for MORE Easter activities?
If you’re on the hunt for more activities to help teach your children about Easter, be sure to check out some of my other blog posts:
- Easter Resurrection Cookies (a yummy, interactive activity w/printable instructions)
- Easter Bunny Magnets (craft w/directions)
- Homemade Easter Hat Tutorial (made from a paper bowl & plate)
Ready to download the FREE Jelly Bean Prayer cards? Click the button below to get access to the printable pdf file.
This post was originally published on March 11, 2010.
Leave a Reply