Learn how to double dip & get more bang for your buck with dual enrollment classes & the accelerated degree programs at Thiel College!
I am all about maximizing time and getting more bang for my buck. That’s why I enrolled my daughter, a homeschooled high school senior, in dual enrollment classes at our local college. By doing so, she’s double dipping – she’s getting both high school credit and college credit for the same class!
While there are schools all across the country where homeschoolers can take dual enrollment classes, I specifically want to tell you about Thiel College and the way they go well beyond just double dipping! I’m talking about accelerated education where your child can earn their Bachelor’s AND Master’s degrees in ONLY 5 years!
Interested? Keep reading! But first, let me tell you more about Thiel College itself.
About Thiel College & the Surrounding Area:
Thiel (pronounced “teal”) is a liberal arts college located in a small community in Greenville, Pennsylvania. It’s a 40-minute drive from Youngstown, Ohio and a 90-minute drive from both Pittsburg and Cleveland, both of which are vibrant urban centers filled will opportunity for internship, service learning, educational trips and entertainment.
This unique location allows Thiel students and visitors to enjoy both the wonderous abundance of nature and outdoor activities in the western Pennsylvania countryside, while also taking advantage of the dynamic cultural experiences offered in the nearby cities.
Students at Thiel are thoroughly prepared for their future careers because the college provides ample experience in theoretical learning, practical and hands-on assignments, service learning activities and internships.
With a wide variety of co-curricular activities, Thiel College will help develop your child’s leadership skills. A challenging and supportive honors program helps to push your child to grow, learn and expand in ways you may not have thought possible!
Want to take a tour of Thiel College? Just start the video below to experience a virtual tour of the college:
More Benefits of Attending Thiel College:
While Thiel gladly welcomes homeschoolers, there are tons more benefits to attending this college:
- 11:1 student-faculty ratio
- 60+ areas of studies
- 100+ clubs, teams and organizations
- 80% of faculty hold the highest degree in their field
- 70% of classes have less than 20 students – This is HUGE! Small class sizes almost always equates to more engaged learning!
- 95% of students live on campus
- 95% of graduates report being employed or studying in their field within three months of graduation
- 100% of students complete one or more internships or a practicum prior to graduating
- Graduates often go on to study at top institutions like Duke, Harvard, Oxford, University of Chicago, Vanderbilt and Yale
- Students benefit from a robust enrichment program that encourages cultural and educational excursions to major metropolitan areas, as well as domestic and study abroad opportunities
- Thiel consistently appears on the Forbes list of Grateful Grad Colleges: The Top 200 Show-Me-The-Money Schools
- Thiel boasts a highly engaged network of more than 15,000 alumni
- Thiel joins Carnegie Mellon, University of Pittsburgh and Princeton as premier institutions recognized by the Dietrich Foundation for their commitment to higher education and championing student success
- Thiel’s invitation-only Dietrich Honors Institute offers a custom curriculum developed for its members
Dual Enrollment Classes at Thiel College
As you can see, Thiel is a great option for college education after high school.
But, do you remember what I said about double dipping and getting more bang for your buck? If you live in the area, dual enrollment at Thiel College is a excellent option for your homeschooler! Why not get both high school and college credit at the same time!
Thiel offers the dual enrollment credits in the core academic areas of English, Mathematics, History, Art, Foreign Language, Science, Psychology and Sociology.
Thiel’s New 5-Year Accelerated Program
But, Thiel College goes well beyond double dipping with their dual enrollment classes!
Your student can accelerate their education with a 5-year Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree pathway program. Students complete their Bachelor’s Degree at Thiel and earn their Master’s in as little as 11 months!
You will get more bang for your buck and your child will reach their goals faster!
Yep, 5 years to earn a Bachelor’s AND Master’s degree! Sounds great to me!
Currently, the following fields of study represent the Bachelor’s degree and the corresponding Master’s degree eligible for this new 5-year program:
- Communication Sciences and Disorders ~> Speech-language Pathology
- Business and Accounting ~> MBA
- All other majors ~> Communication and Leadership
- Physician Assistant ~> Physician Assistant
- Psychology ~> Clinical Mental Health Counseling
I don’t know about you, but I wish I could have completed my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in 5 years! But, that can be reality for your child!
Indeed, Thiel College helps you get more bang for your buck and allows your student to reach their goals faster!
Get More Information
Be sure to visit the Thiel webpage just for homeschoolers and download their homeschool brochure to get more information about this excellent college option for homeschoolers!
Whether it’s dual enrollment for high schoolers, continued college education for high school graduates, or the accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree program, you definitely want to check out Thiel College!
This post was originally published on October, 20, 2021.