As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember. It was a hit!
This is one of our Lesson 1: Ss Sun pages. First, the boys completed the copywork at the bottom of the page and then they began the craft portion of the activity.
- construction paper (yellow, red, orange)
- circular plastic lid
- MFW Words to Remember printable
1) Using the lid, trace a circle onto the yellow paper and cut it out.
2) Cut red and orange strips of paper to form the rays.
3) Glue the sun and sun rays onto the copywork printable.
We worked on patterning as we alternated red and orange sun rays!
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of the My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.
Leave a Reply