Need to fulfill a lab requirement for your homeschooler’s high school science credit? Get it done quick and easy with College Prep Lab Intensives. Complete one year of science labs in just two days!
When you think of teaching high school science to your homeschooler, what comes to mind? If you are anything like me, I think of the experiments and dissections…you know, the lab portion. Now, don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the Chemistry experiments and Biology dissections that I did in high school.
But, there are two big differences when it comes to my experience versus that of many homeschoolers. I had a lab partner and a teacher who was extremely knowledgeable and well-versed in the subject matter! Many homeschoolers (dare I say most) have neither.
If your homeschooler is in a similar situation, I have a great solution for you: Greg Landry’s Science Lab Intensives! Let me tell you more, because it really is a great way to not only fulfill a laboratory science requirement, but it is also a wonderful learning experience AND a great value (both time and money)!
A Knowledgeable Science Teacher
First off, who is Greg Landry? He is a homeschool dad AND college professor with 20+ years experience teaching homeschool students! He teaches live, online science classes to middle and high school students through his Christ-centered, Bible-based program, College Prep Science! He is also the genius behind the Science Lab Intensives!
Efficient AND Effective Homeschool Science Labs (In-person)
Landry’s Lab Intensives are live, in person, science laboratory classes where students complete one full year of science labs in just TWO DAYS! No, that is not a typo! In just two days, students complete a years worth of science labs. Or, both labs (two years worth) can be completed in just three days! The live, in person, labs offered are:
- Biology / Anatomy & Physiology
The classes are taught in-person because Landry travels and visits various cities, holding these highly efficient science labs for homeschoolers! Plus, with the classroom type environment, students are not left to do the experiments or dissections all by themselves! (Labs are always more fun when you have a lab partner!)
The Biology / Anatomy & Physiology Lab
In the Biology / Anatomy & Physiology lab, students perform autopsy style dissections of a sheep brain and a frog. Plus, they do all of the following:
- quantify and study diffusion and osmosis
- isolate each students DNA while studing genetics
- perform acid / base assessments
- apply the Metric system to Biology and medicine
- determine blood type and Rh Factor of each student
- construct and learn the critical importance of graphing
- study the respiratory system by inflating healthy and smoker’s lungs to investigate anatomical and physiological differences
- produce a “glucose load challenge” to understand the pancreas, glucose absorption, diabetes, normal and abnormal glucose response curves, and the production and function of insulin
- use stereoscopes and microscopes to look at the microscopic aspects of life
- use Phenylthiocarbamide to study genetics
- study the cardiovascular system, anatomy, heart rate, blood pressure, hemoglobin saturation, etc.
- study the muscles and bones
- learn how to prepare and critique college-quality lab reports
- learn to follow detailed experimental procedures, and more!
The Chemistry Lab
The topics covered in the Chemistry lab include the following:
- Introduction to scientific thinking
- Collecting data & producing a college-quality lab report
- Properties of gases
- Atoms, matter & flame tests
- Elements, moles & periodic table
- Density and chemistry
- Temperature, solubility, and bonding
- Chemical kinetics
- Colligative properties
- Freezing point depression
- Chemical polymers & surface area
- Oscillating chemical reactions
- Metric system and chemical applications
- Preparation and critique college-quality lab reports
- Instruction on how to follow detailed experimental procedures, and more!
Save Time and Money
I’ve already mentioned how the classes are a huge time saver in that a years worth of labs are condensed into two days. But, did you realize that the classes are also cost effective?
Priced at $280 per class, this includes the registration cost, ALL of the instruction, and ALL of the supplies, including the lab manual. I don’t know about you, but this seems like a pretty good deal, especially when I start adding up the costs to purchase all of the supplies myself!
Get a Year of Science Labs Done in TWO Days
The labs are efficient and cost-effective, with the added benefit of having an extremely knowledgeable teacher as well as a group of other homeschoolers to learn along with!
So, go ahead and check out the College Prep Science Lab Intensives to find a location near you; as space at each location is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis!
Win an Online Science Class
Dr. Landry is generously offering a $680 value giveaway to one of his newsletter subscribers. The winner will receive a FREE full homeschool year online science class! Winner may choose from the following live online classes:
- College Prep Biology (9th-12th)
- Life Prep Biology (8th-12th)
- College Prep Chemistry (10th-12th)
- Life Prep Chemistry (9th-12th)
- College Prep Physics (10th-12th)
- Life Prep Physics (9th-12th)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (9th-12th)
- Exercise and Sports Physiology and Forensic Science (8th-12th)
- Pre-Anatomy & Physiology (6th-9th)
- Pre-Chemistry & Pre-Physics (6th-9th)
So, be sure to head over to College Prep Science and sign up to receive his newsletter for a chance to win! Giveaway is open to entrants worldwide.
This post was originally published on September 20, 2019.