One of our first activities when we began our MFW ECC curriculum, was making a world cake! My daughter loved making this and of course, it was very yummy! There is nothing quite like learning the continents and oceans when you are able to eat them! LOL!!!
If you are interested in making one, here is what we did:
- boxed cake mix (add ingredients required for the mix)
- white icing
- blue & green food coloring
- plastic baggie
1) Bake the cake in a 9×13’” pan according to the directions on the box.
2) While the cake is cooling, scoop out a few spoons of icing and put it into the plastic baggie. Add green food coloring to the baggie. Close it and squish it around until the icing is tinted green. (Add more food coloring to enhance the color.)
3) Add the blue food coloring to the remaining icing and ice the cake (making the oceans).
4) Clip a tiny bit off of the corner of the plastic baggie and pipe out the outline of the continents with the green icing. (I did this part.)
5) Once you have the outline of the continents on the cake, pipe some more green icing inside of them.
6) Using a knife dipped in water, spread the green icing within the continent outlines.
7) ENJOY your continent cake! Be sure to locate all the continents and oceans before devouring them!!!
Leave a Reply