How cute is this sweet tortilla snowflake?! Let me tell you, they taste even better! After doing our stART snowflake project, the kids were all about making edible snowflakes, especially when they realized that they were actually going to get to cut the tortilla like they did the paper!
Here is what you need:
canola or vegetable oil
FYI, I did find it helpful to use a small amount of Pam spray
Here is what you to do:
1) Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Microwave the tortillas for about 10-15 seconds until they are warm.
3) Fold each tortilla as if you were folding paper to make a snowflake and use kitchen scissors to cut shapes…just like if you were using paper. Unfold the tortilla.
4) Spray a small amount of Pam onto the cookie sheet and then lightly brush the top of the snowflake with the canola or vegetable oil.
5) Bake the snowflake on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes until it is lightly browned and crisp.
6) Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar or any other edible toppings you would like. Now, eat up!!!
This recipe was easy-peasy and it was SOOOOO yummy. It reminded me of a crispy funnel cake!
This would make a yummy addition to a winter or snowflake unit! I got this super cute idea and recipe from Erica at Confessions of a Homeschooler.
Leave a Reply