As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember. It was a hit!
This is one of our Lesson 26: Yy Yellow pages. First, the boys completed the copywork at the bottom of the page and then they began the craft portion of the activity.
- paint (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet)
- q-tips (one of each color paint)
- MFW Words to Remember printable
1) Lightly draw seven half circles onto the copywork page to form the seven bands of color in the rainbow.
2) Dip the q-tip into the red paint and repeatedly dot the paint along the outer lightly drawn half circle.
3) Continue with the remaining six colors to form the rainbow.
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of the My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.