As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember. It was a hit!
This is one of our Lesson 21: Bb Butterfly pages. First, the boys completed the copywork at the bottom of the page and then they began the craft portion of the activity.
I think this was the most fun page of the year because we ended up with LOTS of beautiful butterflies to display all over our house!
- cardstock (4×6” index cards work well too!)
- paint (assorted colors)
- popsicle stick
- MFW Words to Remember printable
1) Cut cardstock in half.
2) Fold cardstock in half.
3) Add drops of paint onto the folded cardstock.
4) Refold the cardstock and press so that the paint mixes together.
5) Open cardstock and allow to dry.
6) Once dry, refold the cardstock and cut half a set of butterfly wings.
7) Open the cut cardstock up to reveal the full butterfly wings.
8) Glue the craft stick in the middle to give your butterfly a body!
9) Glue butterfly to copywork page.
Super simple and lots of fun! I was even able to add in a little math lesson about symmetry!
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of the My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.
Leave a Reply