Using the Adventures in U.S. History My Father’s World 2nd grade curriculum? Grab these FREE supplemental MFW Adventures Bible verse copywork pages.
The kids and I really enjoyed having the Proverbs Bible verse copywork pages for our lessons corresponding to our My Father’s World 1st grade curriculum. So, I decided to do the same for the memory verses that go along with Adventures in U.S. History, the second grade curriculum from My Father’s World. Hence, the Bible verse copywork pages featured below!
For those who don’t know, My Father’s World is a Bible-based homeschool curriculum for grades PreK-12. Because we have enjoyed it so much, we’ve used the curriculum in our homeschool from kindergarten all the way through 12th grade.
The MFW Adventures Bible verse copywork pages are a great way for young learners to work on memorizing the Bible verses. They’re also an excellent way to work on penmanship!
The primary lines on the copywork pages make writing practice more manageable whether your child is writing in cursive or manuscript. Since I teach cursive to my kiddos before manuscript, we completed the copywork pages in cursive. (Eventually, I’ll upload some photos!)
What Bible verses are included?
There are a total of 15 verses included in the printable file:
- Colossians 1:18 – “And he is the head of the body, the church.”
- John 1:1 – “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
- John 1:29 – “The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!”
- John 6:35 – “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.”
- John 7:37 – “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.”
- John 8:12 – “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- John 10:14 – “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep, and my sheep know me.”
- John 11:25 – “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.”
- John 14:6 – “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'”
- John 15: 5 – “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
- Matthew 1:23 – “They will call him Immanuel” which means, “God with us.”
- Matthew 7:24 – “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”
- Matthew 20:28 – “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Revelation 17:14 – “…the Lamb…is Lord of lords and King of kings.”
- Revelation 21:6 – “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.”
PLEASE NOTE: I created these printables to coordinate with the original version of the MFW Adventures in U.S. History 2nd Grade curriculum. I am not certain if they coordinate with the current version available.
Get the FREE MFW Adventures Bible copywork HERE:
This post was originally published on August 19, 2010.