So, I have another fun craft that I was inspired to make from Oriental Trading. I saw this cute craft stick snowman banner and you know me…I decided to figure out how we could make our own version of it! This is what we came up with:
9 regular sized craft sticks
paint (black & white)
craft foam (orange, red, black, and yellow)
1) Line up eight of the craft sticks and cut the cardboard so that you can glue it onto the sticks. Glue the cardboard onto the sticks (to hold them together) and let the dry.
2) Once dry, flip it over and use a pencil and the one extra craft stick to mark one line where the brim of the hat will go. (This will be the line that separates the white paint from the black paint.)
3) Let you little one paint the craft sticks (the top black and the bottom white). Paint the extra one black.
4) While your little one is paining, use the foam to cut out the following:
nose (orange foam)
“ribbon” for the hat (red foam)
star (yellow foam)
mouth (black foam)
5) Help your little one glue everything on…and there you have it, your very own imitation Oriental Trading snowman banner craft!
You can even add a string to it so that you can hang it up! This makes a cute Christmas tree ornament or simply a winter decoration to hang on a doorknob!
Leave a Reply