We have been fortunate enough to review quite a few DVDs from See The Light and we have been thrilled with all of them! So, if was no surprise that I would jump at the opportunity to review and host a giveaway for The Crossmaker.
The Crossmaker Art DVD is not JUST about teaching art to your children. It is completely Biblically based with the focus of “drawing children to Him!” The Crossmaker contains 150 minutes of Easter content, including:
- The Crossmaker: The Easter Story is artfully brought to life through the captivating artwork of See The Light chalk artist Gloria Kohlmann. “Dominic, the son of a carpenter, finds himself drawn into the unforgettable trial of the man called Jesus. Share in this amazing adventure that takes Dominic from Christ’s crucifixion to a place of redemption, and a face-to-face meeting with the risen Christ”. (from the DVD description)
- GLORY! Art Lesson: Learn creative lettering with the word, GLORY, from artist Heidi Shorts.
- He is Not Here! He is Risen! Art Lesson: Follow Master Teacher Pat Knepley in a step-by step drawing lesson using chalk pastels, create your own black light reveal!
- Three Crosses on a Hill Art Lesson: Create your own water color painting with artist Jim Pence.
- Musical Art: Watch chalk-artist Gloria Kholmann draw her incredible interpretation of the Easter Story while listening to the music of “Breathing Room” featuring recording artists Jan Roper and Kevin Dukes.
- Plan of Salvation: Lead little ones to CHrist with this remarkably simple, yet creative presentation of the plan of salvation.
- Listen to chalk artist Gloria Kohlmann’s commentary as she creates her Easter artwork.
- Meet the See The Light team
My kids and I absolutely LOVED this DVD, especially the Easter Story! It was so touching to see the artwork unfold through the retelling of the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ! Since my kids are familiar with See The Light, they were excited to start on the art lessons. They especially loved the creative lettering and the watercolor artwork.
As expected we thoroughly enjoyed The Crossmaker! As with The Gift of Love, our ONLY disappointments were in our lack of art supplies. We didn’t have the fluorescent chalk or the optional extreme colored pencils and black light that are used to illuminate the focal points in the artwork. My kids have asked me enough times, that I am planning to purchase these later this month (as a special surprise) so that they can use them to create their own black light reveals.
FYI, you can purchase these items separately or you can purchase The Crossmaker Ultimate Gift Set which contains all of these materials, including the DVD! Or, for a limited time you can head over to the See The Light Blog for a chance to win this awesome set!
Needless to say, we are fans of The Crossmaker…beautiful art, excellent instruction, and moving music, all while focusing on the wonderful story of our Risen Savior!
Still not convinced? Take a peek at The Crossmaker promo:
Be sure to head over to the See The Light website. You will find all kinds of fun stuff, including free lessons! The Crossmaker can be purchased from Amazon or from the See The Light website.
~Giveaway is now closed~
Would like to win a copy of The Crossmaker? There are a few ways to enter to win.
The first and mandatory entry is to leave me a comment simply letting me know you would like to win.
Optional Entries: (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Visit the See The Light Store and tell me what other products interest you
- Follow or subscribe to Mama Jenn (or let me that know that you already do)
- Blog or tweet about this giveaway & include a link back to this post (leave a separate comment for each)
The giveaway ends at midnight on Monday, April 18th! The giveaway is open to US Residents only. Please be sure to leave a way for me to contact you should you win!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
Leave a Reply