How do you make colored rice? This is the question I got after I posted the little boys rainbow rice project on Totally Tots. So, here is my colored rice recipe tutorial.
- dry white rice
- rubbing alcohol
- food coloring
- wax paper
- Measure out 1 cup of rice and put it into a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of rubbing alcohol to the rice and stir.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and stir. Continue adding food coloring until the rice is the color you want.
Put a piece of wax paper on a flat surface and spread the colored rice on it and allow it to dry completely…at least a few hours.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for how ever many colors of rice you would like to have!
- Have fun using the rice for as many different crafts and art projects as you can come up with!!!
Be sure to check out my Colored Sand recipe and my Kool-Aid Playdough recipe!
Leave a Reply