How do you make colored rice? This is the question I got after I posted the little boys rainbow rice project on Totally Tots. So, here is my colored rice recipe tutorial.
- dry white rice
- rubbing alcohol
- food coloring
- wax paper
- Measure out 1 cup of rice and put it into a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of rubbing alcohol to the rice and stir.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and stir. Continue adding food coloring until the rice is the color you want.
Put a piece of wax paper on a flat surface and spread the colored rice on it and allow it to dry completely…at least a few hours.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for how ever many colors of rice you would like to have!
- Have fun using the rice for as many different crafts and art projects as you can come up with!!!