This week we spent most of our time learning about caterpillars and butterflies and doing a bit of work with the letter C. (Next week, things should be back to normal as we move on with our letters.) It was exciting because we got to see our caterpillars turn into butterflies. So, attempting to seize the “educational opportunity” I got to work. I saw these butterflies online and was amazed by how beautiful they are. I knew I HAD to use them somehow! So, this is what I came up with…butterfly matching.You can save and print the butterfly pictures from here. (The photos are available to use for free and they are simply amazing!) Next, cut them in half. I glued the left sides of all the butterflies to a file folder and then laminated the right sides of the butterflies for durability and set them aside. I laminated the file folder (with the left sides only attached). Finally, I used adhesive velcro on the backs of the right sides. That way, the butterflies stay put once you find the match.