I had been waiting for the big boys to get to our A for Apples week in our My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum just so I could make these cute little apple notepads for them. I surprised them by putting the notepad on their desk with a little note for them! They LOVED it!
Although I made the notepad myself, a child could definitely make it! Below are the supplies you will need.
- a plastic red lid (I used the top from a container of frosting…you could use a PB top too!)
- brown & green craft foam
- string or ribbon
- white paper
- hole puncher
- Cut a bunch of circles out of the white paper by tracing around the lid. (Be sure to cut the circles a bit smaller than the lid so that they will fit inside.
- Stack the circles and punch two holes in all of them.
- With the circles stacked, thread the string/ribbon through the holes and tie the ribbon in a bow.
- Secure the notepad to the lid by gluing the bottom of the circle stack to the inside of the lid.
- Cut a brown stem and a green leaf from the foam and glue them to the underside of the lid.
I got the idea for this super cute notepad from Kathy Ross Crafts Colors.