Once I saw the clip below about The Gift of Love, I KNEW my daughter would love it and jumped at the offer to review it!
The Gift of Love from See The Light is not JUST about teaching art to children. It is completely Biblically based with the focus of “drawing children to Him!”
The DVD features:
- The Gift of Love: “The Christmas story, artfully brought to life through the captivating expressions of chalk-art, music, and drama” (from the DVD description)
- REJOICE!: Learn creative lettering from artist Heidi Shorts
- Away in a Manger: Follow Master Teacher Pat Knepley in using colored pencils to draw Baby Jesus in the manger
- Portrait of Mary: Receive a tutorial on chalk-art from artist Gloria Kholmann while creating a portrait of Jesus’ mother
- Musical Art: Watch chalk-artist Gloria Kholmann draw the Nativity while accompanied by the music of Jan Roper & Kevin Dukes
- Salvation: Lead little ones to Christ with this remarkably simple, yet creative presentation of the plan of salvation.
Once my daughter (age 7) realized that there were art lessons on the DVD, she immediately wanted to see them. So, we got out our paper and colored pencils and got ready for the first lesson in creative lettering. Much to my surprise, the boys (age 5) wanted to join in as well!
The directions were concise and clear and the kids were able to follow along quite well. I was actually pretty surprised with how well they did, especially the boys! Check out their creative lettering! (Baby Jesus is inside the letter “O”).
Once we completed the first lesson, my daughter was excited about her accomplishment and wanted to move on to the second lesson. She was VERY excited about drawing Baby Jesus! The lessons, again, were very clear and easy for her to follow. However, we did have to pause the DVD quite a bit because the instructor was moving a bit too fast for her. Here is her completed drawing:
Overall we really enjoyed the DVD! I absolutely LOVED the child-focused plan of salvation! Our ONLY disappointments were in our lack of art supplies. We didn’t have chalk to complete the portrait Mary. Nor did we have the optional extreme colored pencils and black light that are used to illuminate the focal points in the artwork. Needless to say, we are a fan of The Gift of Love…beautiful art, excellent instruction, and moving music, all while focusing on the most wonderful story ever told, the birth of Christ!
Be sure to head over to the See The Light website. There is a homeschool page where you can download free lesson plans (for a limited time). The Gift of Love can be purchased from Amazon or from the See The Light website.
~ Giveaway is closed. ~
Would like to win a copy of The Gift of Love? There are a few ways to enter to win.
The first and mandatory entry is to leave me a comment simply letting me know you would like to win.
Optional Entries: (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Follow Mama Jenn on Twitter (or let me know that you already do)
- Follow or subscribe to Mama Jenn (or let me that know that you already do)
- Tweet about the giveaway. You can copy, paste, and tweet the text below:
Today ONLY @MamaJennBlogs is giving away THE GIFT OF LOVE http://bit.ly/fElCS1
The giveaway ends tonight at midnight! The giveaway is open to US Residents only. Please be sure to leave a way for me to contact you should you win!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.