As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember. It was a hit!
This is one of our Lesson 24: Vv Vegetables pages. First, the boys completed the copywork at the bottom of the page and then they began the craft portion of the activity.
- garden template
- copy paper
- construction paper (various colors)
- MFW Words to Remember printable
1) Print the garden template and trim.
2) Make a border for the trimmed garden template using brown paper.
2) Use the construction paper and yarn to cut out vegetables.
3) Glue the vegetables onto the garden template.
4) Attach the vegetable garden to the copywork printable.
As I designed our real square foot garden, the boys designed their own with this activity. We talked about different vegetables (and fruits) that they would like to grow in their very own garden.
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of the My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.