As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember. It was a hit!
This is one of our Lesson 9: Oo Octopus pages. First, the boys completed the copywork at the bottom of the page and then they began the craft portion of the activity.
- construction paper
- wiggle eyes
- MFW Words to Remember printable
1) Place one hand palm down on the paper and then place the other hand (palm down) on top of the hand already on the paper.
2) Spread and trace all the fingers, except the thumbs so that your octopus has eight legs.
3) Cut out the octopus.
4) Glue the octopus to copywork page.
5) Add some fun wiggle eyes!
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of the My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.