As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember. It was a hit!
This is one of our Lesson 14: Hh Horse pages. First, the boys completed the copywork at the bottom of the page and then they began the craft portion of the activity.
- goat template from DLTK
- brown construction paper
- yarn cut into small pieces
- wiggle eyes
- child’s shoe
- MFW Words to Remember printable
1) Trace the shoe onto the construction paper and cut it out.
2) Cut two small triangles and one long rectangular-ish piece.
3) Glue to rectangle (neck) angled onto the side of the page. Cut off the excess that hangs off the page.
4) Adhere the traced shoe for the horse’s head.
5) Slide the triangles (ears) underneath the head and glue.
6) Glue on the wiggle eyes and the yarn for the mane!
7) Add two little marks for the nostrils and that completes the Hh Horse!
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of the My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.