As much as I love the hands-on activities and crafts in our My Father’s World Kindergarten Curriculum, I was not very good about doing the Words to Remember badges with my daughter. So, I came up with something a little different for the boys. I created printable art/copywork pages for them to work on their penmanship while creatively depicting the Words to Remember.
This is the Lesson 21: Bb for Butterfly page from one of my older boy’s kindergarten school year. I think this was the most fun page of the year because we ended up with LOTS of beautiful butterflies to display all over our house! The kids had a blast making the butterflies and made A LOT of them!!
cardstock (4×6” index cards work well too!)
Directions: The instructions for this activity are very easy and straightforward!
1) If using cardstock, cut it in half.
2) Take the cut paper and fold it in half.
3) Add drops of paint onto the folded paper.
4) Refold the paper and press so that the paint mixes together.
5) Open the paper and allow to dry.
6) Once dry, refold the paper and cut out one set of butterfly wings.
7) Open the paper up to reveal the complete butterfly.
8) Glue the craft stick in the middle to give your butterfly a body!
Super simple and lots of fun! I was even able to add in a little math lesson about symmetry!
Visit the MFW Kindergarten Words to Remember blog post for information on downloading all of the Words to Remember copywork pages.
PLEASE NOTE: These copywork printables are only for students who are reading and writing easily. This type of copywork is not a regular part of My Father’s World Kindergarten curriculum.